This module allows you to explore endocrine system responses to exercise related to glucose regulation.
Measurable physiological variables in this module:
- Insulin - insulin concentration in the blood plasma (microunits/ml)
- Glucagon - glucagon concentration in the blood plasma (picograms/ml)
- Glucose - glucose concentration in the blood plasma (mmol/L)
- Norepinephrine - norepinephrine concentration in the blood plasma (picograms/ml)
The following Variables can be graphed for this simulation. The orange New Graph button will allow you to add additional graphs.
- Time (Minutes)
- Exercise Bike Power Setting
- Plasma [Insulin]
- Plasma [Glucagon]
- Plasma [Glucose]
- Norepinephrine Pool