This module allows you to explore cardiovascular system responses to exercise.
Measurable physiological variables in this module:
- Heart Rate - heart contractions per minute
- Stroke Volume - volume of blood pumped by the left ventricle per contraction (ml)
- Cardiac Output - rate of blood pumped by the left ventricle per minute (ml/min)
- Blood Pressure - mean blood pressure in the aorta (mm Hg)
- Muscle Blood Flow - rate of blood flow through skeletal muscle (ml/min)
- Brain Blood Flow - rate of blood flow through the brain (ml/min)